THE LIFE OF DIVERGENT CHURCH IS OUR LIFE COMMUNITIES (enough 'Lifes' for you :) )
We love hanging out and being a true community of faith. Our small groups (Life Communities) are more about doing life together than doctrinal dissertation. We explore together God's word and its impact and implications in our lives. We hang out in many places, from homes and Universities, to cafes and restaurants. Any place for people is a place for Life Communities.
Life Communities are focussed around four key values that determine the way we operate but also give room for expression in each group to adapt, innovate and be specific to the area they are in.
1. Biblically Focussed - each group generally follows the sermon theme unpackaging what we are going through as a Church. This allows for more discussion and application from what is being taught.
2. Relationally Focussed - we are about doing 'life together', creating friendships and true community. We are focussed on connecting, having fun and sticking together through good times and bad
3. Supernatually Focussed - so often we create depth in relationships, study the word but the spiritual vitality in our lives become shallow. Specific prayer, fasting and other spiritual disciplines are encouraged in the life of each community.
4. Missionally Focussed - we believe that community is only truly biblical when it ultimately has an external focus. When we receive from God is should be virtually impossible to hold back our gratitude and excitement in serving others in word and deed.
5. Globally Focused - each group adopts one of our key mission focuses in prayer and stewardship.
We pray together, laugh together and sometimes, dare I say it, even cry together (but not normally in the blokes groups unless it's at paintball or when my football team loses the grand-final).
HAVE YOU BEEN TO SUNDAY CHURCH AND ARE INTERESTED IN GETTING PLUGGED IN?
Simply fill out the form below noting what location you are going to, What your age and gender is and anything that may help us recommend a group to you.